This is Site Zero
• Location: Motala Business Park (owned by Swedish Plastic Recycling)
• Zero Site Area: Approx. 60,000 sqm
• Receiving capacity: 200,000 tonnes of plastic packaging per year. Site Zero will be able to receive all plastic packaging from Swedish households
• Sorting capacity: PP, HDPE, LDPE, PET tray, PET bottles (coloured and transparent), PP film, EPS, PS, PVC, two grades of Polyolefin mix, metal and non-plastic waste
• Agglomeration output: Chemical recycling, composite products, energy recovery with CCS
• Other: Fully automated process, 60 Near Infra Red (NIR) sensors, approx. 5 km conveyor belt, washing and granulation in phase two
• Total investment: Approximately SEK 1 billion (year 2019–2023). The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency (Naturvårdsverket) also contributes with a financing of just over SEK 180 million through the climate investment aid programme known as Klimatklivet.